Retire Subscriptions for a Discontinued Product
Retire subscriptions for a discontinued product, thus preventing customers from reactivating their subscriptions.
Preconditions and Considerations
- The subscription has the status Active.
- All communication about the discontinuation of the product and the deactivation of the subscriptions is handled by your company (the client).
- Removing a discontinued subscription item using the Remove Subscription Item API endpoint should be used rarely and with caution, as it deletes the subscription item, and all data associated with it, for every subscription that contains the item.
For any future reports, such as reporting on which items customers purchased, the item wouldn't be included.
It is recommended to use the Deactivate Subscription Items API endpoint instead, because it retains the subscription information but prevents future billing for the item.
Your company has decided to no longer offer their CloudMax Enterprise product. There are still 500 running subscriptions for this product.
- Your company sends an email to all customers subscribed to CloudMax Enterprise announcing that the product will be discontinued. Subscriptions will not be renewed when the current billing interval has ended.
- To ensure that a customer does not reactivate the subscription through a link in an old order confirmation email, your company retires each subscription using the Remove Subscription Item endpoint. This moves the subscription to the status
Updated 2 months ago