Combine a Downgrade with an Early Full-Price Renewal of a Data-Limited Subscription
The following contains relevant information about this use case:
Preconditions and Considerations
- The current billing interval has started and the next billing date has not been reached yet.
- Any changes made, including the price and/or quantity, apply to all future billing events unless modified subsequently.
- Using the Update Subscription Item API endpoint to change the billing interval of a subscription is only supported for single-item subscriptions (which is the most common type of subscription).
- When replacing one subscription item with another, the original and the replacement items must have the same currency and billing interval.
- Use of the
CustomerPriceparameter in the API response is optional. Before doing so, see Understand Customer Price.
- The renewal is not combined with an alignment of the subscription.
- Use the
AlignmentSettingsparameter for the subscription in the API response is required. Before doing so, see Get Started with Subscription API > Alignment Settings.
- On January 1st, 2020, a customer signs up for your proxy service for $220 monthly due to an important project. The plan has a data limit of 20GB per month. Another subscription would have been available for $80 and with a data limit of 5GB, but this was not enough for the customer at the time.
- On January 15th, 2020, the customer used up the 20GB data limit and receives an email from your company. You tell the customer that they can regain access to the service by renewing immediately via your company's My Account portal.
- After logging into the My Account, the customer decides that they no longer need 20GB because the project is nearly complete. However, the customer decides to switch to the 5GB plan to keep access to the service. When they click the Change Plan button, the website uses the Update Subscription Item API endpoint to obtain and display the price of the downgrade, new expiration date (February 15th, 2020), and other details regarding the subscription.
- The customer confirms this purchase by clicking a Renew Now button on the page. The page uses the Update Subscription Item API endpoint to downgrade and renew the customer's subscription immediately.
- The Cleverbridge platform bills the customer the renewal price of $80 for the next billing interval, which starts immediately and ends on February 15th, 2020.
- The customer sees a confirmation page, which is either created by your company or provided by the Subscription API. If the transaction is not successful, the page provided by the API will inform the customer about the next steps, such as updating the payment details in case of a failed payment.
For more information on how to achieve this particular use case, see Integration Guide.
Although not utilized in this use case, the following options are also available:
- Renew early at a full price. For more information, see Renew a Data-Limited Subscription Early at Full Price.
- Renew early at a discounted price. For more information, see Renew a Data-Limited Subscription Early at Custom Price.
- Combine the early renewal with a custom-price upgrade of the subscription. For more information, see Combine an Upgrade with an Early Custom-Price Renewal of a Data-Limited Subscription.
- Get the customer's consent for changes to subscriptions. For more information, see Best Practices: Obtain Customer Consent.
- Manage upgrades and downgrades. For more information, see Best Practices: Manage Upgrades and Downgrades.
Updated 3 months ago