Add Item at a Custom Price Effective Next Billing Date
Offer an add-on at time of renewal, with volume-based or other special pricing. No purchase is created for the new item. The subscription is updated with the new item, and in the next billing interval, the new item's price is included in the amount to be billed. You control whether your customer can access the additional item before it is billed.
Preconditions and Considerations
- The subscription has the status Active.
- All items in a subscription have the same billing interval.
- Changes made by this function, including the price and/or quantity, apply to all future billing events unless changed subsequently.
- Use of the
CustomerPriceparameter in the API response is optional. Before doing so, see Understand Customer Price.
- Use of the
SubscriptionAlignmentSettingsparameter in the API response is required. Before doing so, see Get Started with Subscription API > Alignment Settings.
- When you add a subscription item, a history of revisions is created automatically.
On July 14th, the account executive for your Cloud Customer Care product calls a customer to conduct a quarterly account review. During the call, the customer states that, while interested in the optional Mobile Alerts subscription item, they have not purchased it because:
- Mobile Alerts has little value unless all 400 of the customer’s employees can use it.
- The £20,000 annual cost (£50 per user for 400 users) exceeds the customer’s budget.
After further discussion, the you convince the customer that only 300 employees need Mobile Alerts, and offers a special price of £35.00 annually per user, contingent upon 300 Mobile Alert users being added to the subscription effective with the next billing date.
After the customer consents, you use an intranet page that utilizes the Add Subscription Item to add the Mobil Alerts subscription item with a quantity of 300 and a price of £35.00, effective with the next billing date.
On August 8th, the customer’s subscription automatically renews, and the Cleverbridge platform automatically bills the customer £14,000 (the base product renewal price of £3,500, plus £10,500 for 300 Mobile Alerts users at the £35.00 price).
|Parameter||Set to Value|
|The unique identifier of the primary subscription.|
|The unique identifier of the product to be added.|
Updated about 2 months ago